Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another for the Library


I try to keep my eye out for books that would be worthwhile to add to your personal library. One to consider is Arts Marketing by Finola Kerrigan and a host of other writers.

Arts Marketing is broken into chapters on different areas, including theatre, museums, film, popular music, etc. Each chapter is written by a different author, most from the UK.

While I'm generally interested in any title on the subject, this book has a distinctly academic feel that made it harder for me to engage. I also didn't find the area on theatre nearly as helpful as some other titles I've recently read. Much more history of theatre and it's promotion rather than current thought on reaching audiences.

I wouldn't place this on a top 10 list but I'm still always glad to find another title covering this field. I highly recommend reading the preview excerpts to form your own opinion before shelling out the roughly $45 cover price.

1 comment:

Lionel said...

You mention that this dosen't crack your top ten list or engage you like other books you had recently read. What is that top ten list or those more engaging works?